You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

dzuroff

Monday, October 13th 2003, 7:33am

Want To Upgrade Timer

I have a rainbird system that was installed about 20 years ago and of course the timer reflects this. I was thinking about upgrading the timer to something modern and was hoping I could get some tips on what may be a good one for me to buy. I have four zone in my system along with a rain shut-off device. Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer!

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, October 13th 2003, 4:10pm

Your best bet can be found here. A Rainbird ESP 4 Si. If you scroll down it would be the second one. Very easy to use at an affordable price. http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/shop3/ControllersRain_Bird.html

[8D]

SprinklerGuy

Supreme Member

Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 5:07am

you are going to get differing opinions on the question you asked...most controllers are alike in many ways and the quality is the same. It depends on the installers personal preference. If I were you, I would go to a supplier in your area and play with the display models....then whichever you are most comfortable with and has all the bells and whistles you need...buy that one. Don't go to Home Depot...look under irrigation supply houses in Yellow Pages of your area....
Sprinkler Solutions, Inc.
Arizona and Colorado
www.sprinklersolutions.net

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Wednesday, October 15th 2003, 8:06am

Sprinkler Guy has a good point that you should play with the timers and get what fits you best. I also agree with his Home Depot comment
lol[:D] It's a good store but you can get better deals at an irrigation supply store. - my favorite timer is the rainbird esp modular series controller - if you go to the page that RVLI indicated it is the fourth timer down.
Bhungue2

Rate this thread