You are not logged in.

veidtmeister

Friday, July 15th 2011, 7:20pm

New Total Control Controller reads "Master Valve"

I fried the circuit board (or thats what irritrol said) on my old James Hardie controller, so I sent off for a refurbished Total Control Controller w/ surge protection.

Wired it up, and now no water, and "Master Valve" is displayed on the controller. There was no master valve wire on the old controller, just a VC, so I dont know what the dealio is. Its not saying "Short", and then a station number, so does that mean that all of the stations are shorted out?

Im a newb when it comes to irrigation systems. I opened up the covers in the yard, but to be honest, it just looks like a jumble of wires attached to greasy black tampons....HAHA

Help!

mike1059

Friday, July 15th 2011, 9:34pm

programing

What you need to do is go thru each program and make sure the master valve is set to off so the clock knows there is no master valve. Right now it sounds as if the valve setting is on so when the clock does not detect the valve it thinks there is a problem.

veidtmeister

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 10:57am

thanks man....

not quite sure how to do that though... I mean going through the programs, yeah, I get that, but how can you change if the timer is looking for a master valve? Theres no option for that....

does every system use a master valve? there was no wire on my old one, so I didnt worry about it....

I thought master valve was used to run all zones at once? I dont know...haha....Im a moe-ron...

servicetechMA

Advanced Member

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 1:27pm

No not every system has a master valve. There is almost certainly an error in the clock programming like mike has said.It looked like the "TOTAL CONTROL CONTROLLER" has a programable ON/OFF MASTER VALVE per program feature. I have never seen one of those clocks around here,but maybe you can reset it. I assume that it doesnt come from the factory already set up for a master valve,most systems do not have one.
I take that back im looking at the manual for that clock now,it says
MASTER VALVE/PUMP START ON/OFF

The Total Control enables automatic operation of the Master
Valve/Pump Start output circuit to be controlled independently for
each watering program. For example, if a program is used for drip
irrigation and the system pump is not required, the Master
Valve/Pump Start output circuit can be shut off whenever that
program begins operation.
The factory setting is
ON for each program. Use the steps below to

select the operation of this feature for each program as necessary.
1. Turn the function dial to the
Station Times position.

2. Select Program
A, B, C or D with the Program switch.

3. Press the
NEXT button repeatedly until MASTER VALVE is

displayed.
4. Press the
OFF or ON button to display the operation of the master

valve/pump start output for the selected program.
5. Repeat steps 2 through 4 for each program as necessary
hope that helps you out