You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Mud Man

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 10:13pm

Can not dig deep enough -- how to hook up sprinkler

I started digging my ditches today with a rented ditch witch. I'm digging 11 inch trenches to install rotating sprinklers on 1 in lateral pipes. I'm unable to consistently get down 11 in in some areas even with the ditch witch. I can get down 11 inches at the point I need to put the sprinkler head, but only about 6 inches on either side. What are my options for conecting a 10 in sprinkler head to a pipe that is only 6 inches deep? Is there a flexible hose connection? What are the pros and cons of using that connection on the rest of my system -- that is, just dig 6 inch deep holes except where the sprinkler head will go and dig that deeper. That would make the digging go much quicker! Thanks, Mud Man

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 16th 2011, 10:41pm

Of course there are special connections for this purpose, based on the use of "swing pipe" or "funny pipe"

Rate this thread