You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

rob

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 12:45pm

4 Zones suddenly not working

I have a 7 zone system with an Irritrol total control 9 station controller. The system has been working fine until today when zones 4, 5, 6, and 7 are not working (whether scheduled or run as single station). Zones 1-3 still work fine. Hard to imagine 4 valves going bad all of the sudden, is there some way to test the controller to diagnose the problem? I am running them manually right now by opening the valves in the box but hoping there is a solution to be found. Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 1:15pm

check your wiring

seansy59

Advanced Member

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 3:41pm

A wire might have been chewed on or cut by an animal/object. Trace the wires from your controller to the valves. Also, check that the wires are secured on your timer, as if the common wire goes, they all (or most) of the valves will stop.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

rob

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 6:09pm

Wire nut connecting power to valves 4-7 in valve box apparently came loose. Tightened it and all is working properly.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Sunday, July 17th 2011, 6:48pm

There ya go! That was the common (neutral wire)! Easy fix :thumbup:
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Rate this thread