You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 18th 2011, 4:37pm

Irritrol model 311A-1, 1" control valve

I am looking for replacement parts for this valve but am having problems locating them. Is there a replacement model?

Thanks, Ray

seansy59

Advanced Member

Monday, July 18th 2011, 5:03pm

Well. I found this one:

I don't know about the website or seller.

Replacement Irritol 311A

But Rainbird makes a similar looking one. I don't know about the piping in between the flow in/out though.

Rain Bird 100-ASVF

See what the experts have to say first........
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Monday, July 18th 2011, 5:11pm

Well. I found this one:

I don't know about the website or seller.

Replacement Irritol 311A

But Rainbird makes a similar looking one. I don't know about the piping in between the flow in/out though.

Rain Bird 100-ASVF

See what the experts have to say first........

Many thanks for the link Seansy59..................Ray

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, July 18th 2011, 5:38pm

Since the entire operating portion of a 311A can be unthreaded from the body, it can be replaced with another "converter" assembly. The easiest one to lay hands on can be the Lawn Genie L1010, which is really an industry-standard Richdel design.

The reason for this interchangeability, is that the 311A is a plastic copy of the old industry standard brass valve. Everybody made converters for them

Monday, July 18th 2011, 8:02pm

Since the entire operating portion of a 311A can be unthreaded from the body, it can be replaced with another "converter" assembly. The easiest one to lay hands on can be the Lawn Genie L1010, which is really an industry-standard Richdel design.

The reason for this interchangeability, is that the 311A is a plastic copy of the old industry standard brass valve. Everybody made converters for them

Many thanks for this information, it should make my job of maintenance much easier!!.........Ray

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 8:50am

===================================

Good morning wet_boots, I looked into the Lawn Genie L1010 valve adapter and it appears that it is for brass valves and the L2010 is for plastic valves. Is this correct?

Many thanks, Ray

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 11:42am

the L2010 is for converting Richdel's own design for a plastic valve, and that is a different animal entirely.

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 2:11pm

Just go to a sprinkler supply house such as Ewing or Hydroscape. That valve is still available. So are replacement parts.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 3:12pm

Just go to a sprinkler supply house such as Ewing or Hydroscape. That valve is still available. So are replacement parts.
Many parts of the country never saw that Hydro-Rain antisyphon valve, and wouldn't know from parts. I only saw a few of the Champion/Richdel combinations that Richdel sold, way back when. (I would appreciate posters that input their location, so that specific advice can be given)

mrfixit

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 9:30pm

I totally understand. I live in a area where 80% of valves installed are anti-syphon. I see that valve all the time.