You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

kgb9251

Starting Member

Monday, July 18th 2011, 5:35pm

SmartLine SL1600 Automatic Timers Not Working

Weathermatic SL1600. Automatic Timers don't work. I have system set to come on Monday's and Thursday's at 4:00 AM, nothing happens on those days. I've verified my system is set to the correct date and time. I can manually activate the system. I've unplugged and reset the controller without success. Any ideas?
Thanks
KGB

servicetechMA

Advanced Member

Monday, July 18th 2011, 6:39pm

jeeze,if thats the new clock thats mounted in our local supply house,which it looks like there is. i only have a few general ideas.

-First,im sure there is an actual way to reset it,find out and try it.

-Second there could be an interval watering set up for 1 day a month or somthing that you wouldnt really notice

-Third could be set on some setting for a rain sensor or master valve,you could have both or neither and that could be an issue

-Fourth you could have the program you want to run on the wrong program/s A,B,C or somthing like that. with days to water on B,but no start times or anything else.

-Im sure there is an internal lithium ion battery in that clock,where if you dont use the factory reset sequence,it might not fully reset it.

- There could possibly be somthing wrong with the common wire in the field,or it could be cut somwhere,its slightly possible

-If everything worked and now it doesnt with a new clock installed,i dont need to tell you that it is most likely a simple programming error

- I have played with that clock at the supply house,it seemed to have all kinds of crazy features,if its the same one which it looks like it is. If its got a 9v and a removable power strip like hunter PRO C's purple ribbon,the battery is pretty much there so that you can remotely program the clock by just removing the faceplate,and save some info a bit longer, if you can remove your faceplate
Sit down with IT with the manual,and just check all your settings,if that doesnt work,call up the manufacturer Good Luck. thats all i can say as i'm completely unfamiliar with that model controller

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "servicetechMA" (Jul 18th 2011, 6:44pm)

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, July 19th 2011, 12:26am

99% it's user error.. Read your manual and follow it 1 step at a time

This happens all the time for me.. I review the programming and correct it. I then create a dummy program and set all zones for 1 minute to make sure it's working properly.

Edit your time/date and create a start time/ run time 2 minutes after your time and date.. See if it comes on.

If not - it's possible the controller is bad? swap the faceplate out

Rate this thread