You are not logged in.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 16th 2003, 4:24pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SprinklerGuy</i>
<br />so let me see...you sell them a self draining system for 300-500 more than a normal system....but yet you trust the self draining system so little that you get them to pay you to blow it out too? I call BS on this one dude. Sorry but if that is truly what you are doing it is wrong. Besides, as far as I remember you work on a golf course.....right?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Dude, it's not what I want, it's what the people want. If I had the choice I would just not blow them out, but every year I have calls insisting that I blow them out too, because there neighbor with the non-draining said it's best to blow them out. I don't think that's stealing money, is it?

Joseph L. Swinehart

Wednesday, October 29th 2003, 2:24pm

Bidding is and always will be difficult due to people who bid very low and do put in the cheapest parts.

I explained to the customer that cheap is not the way to go, left me card and actually have left a good part for them to compare (one PGP rotor can do alot).

Their reputation WILL catch up with them. Your will also help you, no advertisement will ever compete with word of mouth.

Get a list of referals, reward any referal that did help but also go back and correct the one's that were not so kind and get them on your side.

Don't go to the dark side stay with slight profits and good parts.

I have also installed drain lines and explained how they are self drainiong, actually showed them how they work, but come Oct - Nov got the call to blowout their system.

Joe S.

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 12:04pm

Joe,
You install self-draining systems?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, October 31st 2003, 12:20pm

i dont install self draining systems. blowing it out is the best road....anyway...you have to explain your process and what the other guys do thats wrong. Supply a list of people you have serviced to verify...its hard...but just really explain
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Joseph L. Swinehart

Friday, October 31st 2003, 3:08pm

Yes I did.

A 5 psi drain in the lowest end of every zone. I would bury the drain plugs very low and surround them in rock.

They do work but, I agree nothing beats haveing the system blown out. Explain every option to the customer and let them decide. The majority of people always chose both, drain and purging but yes I do believe a system with drains put in properly can be very productive.

Joe S.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 1st 2003, 10:09am

[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][;)]
Thanks
Ray

drpete3

Supreme Member

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 8:53am

I just blew out my system yesterday and this past spring I installed harmony drains on a few zones. Overall, those lines were pretty clear before I set up the air compressor. I added the drains for extra freeze protection, not to substitute for blowing the system out. I think if that is how it is explained then people will pay for the extra protection. They know that having you back out in a few years for repairs from freezing will be expensive and will take precautionary measures.

I know that if the system is blown out then they wont have the freeze problems but stuff happens. That is why I did it to my system.
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 4th 2003, 5:42am

I dont bother with drains,,,,,just another thing to worry about......blowing out does the same thing... Iam sure they have their positives and negatives just as everything else does!
Thanks
Ray

Rate this thread