You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, July 22nd 2011, 5:03pm

Adjustments needed

Hi everyone,

I installed a small system last Spring and it works great thanks to all here who helped me.

I planned to wait until the hot weather which is now to see if I have any underwatered areas.

In one flower bed on each end the larger (8 foot) bushes - Lillac and rose of sharon are underwatered. I can easily add a head on each end and I have ample gpm capacity remaining. I need to connect to a zone that has sprays, so I think I can install additional sprays only? And I guess just a 5 foot quarter circle spray?? Not sure what to do. Any ideas?

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 1:59pm

After more thought I decided to make my own modified head. And it works great. I took a 8 foot radius quarter circle head, put it on it's side, attached it to a riser and installed. Then reduced the flow to 75% (Toro head). The water flows upwards to the leaves and falls to the ground.

And I used all spare parts. Zero cost zero trips to Home Depot.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 2:48pm

lol

That's a site to see

An end strip turned down or a van barely open could have done the trick

I'll install drip shrubblers tapped off the nearest spray head on shrubs where it needs more water.. It over water's compared to the rest of the spray zone but it's nothing horrible. Or a couple rings of netafim

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 3:02pm

In the days of brass nozzles, there were several water-straight-up patterns to be had. Really sloppy, but sometimes effective.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, July 24th 2011, 8:17am

Indeed not pretty. Especially the two number 8 ss clamps. But it's behind the shrub and almost hidden. But once my wife sees it I may have to redo. End strip might be better as I can install ground level. But the gpm may be high, I'll check. Thanks

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2011, 8:40am

You're talking a difference of .2 GPM between an 8ft and an end strip.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Monday, July 25th 2011, 8:50am

Good thank you. I will go ahead and make that change.

Rate this thread