You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

stro

Starting Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 8:21am

Rain Bird system is not working

my rain bird system is not working when I go to the control panel it shows the zone that should be working and the timer winding down but the sprinkler zone isnt working this is happening on all of them any thoughts?

seansy59

Advanced Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 8:25am

Sounds like you have a wiring issue between the timer and solenoids. Check that the wires are secure on the timer, and check the wiring in your valve box. If the wiring is fine in both places, then you may have a break in the wires in between.

You can also check the voltage at the timer with a multimeter to see if the timer is faulty, as things do happen with electronics. The timer should put out somewhere between 24v-30v, and you should get the same voltage at the valves.

Just my thoughts, see what the pros say first.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "seansy59" (Jul 23rd 2011, 8:32am)

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Saturday, July 23rd 2011, 11:23am

I agree with prior post, Do you have a rain sensor and Did it rain?

If that is not the issue, check to make sure your backflow device or all water supply valves are open.

Good Luck?

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Matt Dildy

Tuesday, July 26th 2011, 3:07pm

this is a very very simplified list to start with

#1 do we have water? (is backflow device open, is master valve if present working properly from controller)

#2 do we have power? (are you getting 24v-28v across all valve terminals in controller/including master valve if present)

#3 are our field wires intact? (check ohms on all field wires, you say you have a rain bird system, if those are rain bird valves they should show 45-55 ohms depending of distance from controller and gage of wire used.) if you show 0ohms on all wires i would start looking for broken wires very close to controller or a bad common splice at the first valve the wires get to.

there is alot to add to this very simplified list but it will get you started in the right direction.....i would personal lean towards the master valve is water is on and controller is working properly.

keep in mind most newer controllers have a master/pump on or off feature. make sure if your controller has this the master/pump is ON for all stations.

Rate this thread