You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, October 18th 2003, 9:09am

Help with blow out!

I just got an air compressor (craftsmen 33 gal) and I want to blow the sprinkler lines on my system out. I have looked everywhere and researched this but cant find some more questions.

How do you hook up the compressor to the PVS pipe? I am going to remove the BACKFLOW that is connected with a union and bring it in for winter. So the I want to connect the compressor to the pvc or union and blow out the lines.

Is there a better way to do this? Any tips for this project would be appreciated. I know not to let the air go though the lines longer then 2 minutes and no more then 50 PSI. (LOWER psi HIGHER CFM?????) Thanks in advance. Also what end peice do I need on the end of the compressor hose to hook in?

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 19th 2003, 3:45pm

umm before the union,,,the first part of the pipe to come outside (because you want all the water to be out) you can install a Tee with threads to hook up the compressor to, and then you can blow out before the Backflow and you do not have to bring it in for the winter. You can buy an adapter depending on what kind of compressor you have at the local hardware store, because i dont think sprinkler warehouse has them....let me know!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, October 20th 2003, 7:54am

I would definitely install a blow plug (the tee that Ray said). It make life a whole lot easier. It would be a pain to take the Backflow off each year.
Bhungue2

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 21st 2003, 10:08am

definatly [8D]
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread