You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Matt Dildy

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 11:19am

Warped Rain Bird MPR nozzles

ok i am a contractor in north texas and have been for years but have noticed something here lately that is very fustrating. we have seen hot summers in the past around here, '98 comes to mind but i have never had an issue with nozzles melting/warping in the heat. 13yrs and have never seen it with one exception, the Global nozzles that hit the market around 2000-2002 and then vanished would melt on you. heck i have even had warped nozzles straight off the vendors (to remain unamed) self that appearantly got to hot in transport or storage. i keep seval nozzle boxes, an assorment of toro precision, rain bird vans, toro female thread and none of them are warping, just the newer rain bird mpr nozzles. they have never done this to me and yes i know its hot and yes i have tried storing them in the cab of truck, in the toolbox, under the toolbox in the shade all to no avail. i am just curious if anyone else working in the south or southwest has noticed this or if i am just crazy. almost wondering if rain bird has recently switched to a slightly softer plastic composition to save a couple pennies thinking no one would notice. seriously this is begining to be a very frustating and expensive issue and we still have a very long summer to go. I AM NOT CRAZY lol :cursing: :?: :!:

in addition i plan to talk with my vendor today to see if i can get any credit back and see if this is the first he has heard of this.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, July 27th 2011, 12:14pm

Do you know for certain that the nozzles were in perfect working order when you purchased them?

Rate this thread