You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

veidtmeister

Friday, July 29th 2011, 1:59pm

Not enough Voltage?

sigh...

Got 28V leaving the controller, and 28V arriving at Solenoid, but when I attach the solenoid wires to the controller wires, Im getting 22.5V and the solenoids not firing...

Bad Solenoid?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 29th 2011, 4:49pm

more then likely

an ohm test will give you a little more information

Check your ohms at the controller then at the valve. A normal operating range is 20-60

veidtmeister

Friday, July 29th 2011, 5:11pm

Im a noob w/ a voltemeter...not sure how to check resistance. Gotta link??? 8|

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, July 29th 2011, 7:55pm

by touching the common and zone wire

A simple google and I found this first page

veidtmeister

Friday, July 29th 2011, 8:41pm

thanks man...

OMG....I thought Id just dig up the valve and replace it, since the solenoid appears to be shot..AND its leaking..

but...crap, I dug down, and its SMACK DAB in the middle of a huge clusterfrack of PVC pipes...and theres like an inch of clearance on either side of the damn valve....Oh my god...

anyway....It looks like the valve is leaking from where the bonnet, or top of the valve meets the lower section of the valve, so I guess before I go into that nightmare of PVC, Ill just buy a new valve, and "gut replace" everything from the base up, and pray it doesnt leak from either side of the valve, (or from any of the other pipes)...

are we having fun yet? ;(

Rate this thread