You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

clm716

Starting Member

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 9:58am

Hunter ic800, will grey zone modules work in newer model that has black ones??

Hello all. New user. good stuff here!
House struck by lightning in June. Damaged pretty much everything electrical in the place, TV's, Computers, Security system, Sprinkler system,.......Big pain but super lucky the place didn't burn.
Hunter IC800pl, dead , Transformer has correct output but unit will not power on. Reseated what few components and cables there are but no help, still completely dead. Purchased a new 800 which comes with 1 module. I didn't buy the 2nd or 3rd modules trying to save $. After installing the new unit on the wall, I noticed the module it came with is black, not grey like my originals. There is also a sticker inside that reads "Only use Black modules". The black modules are exactly the same size and shape as the grey ones except for 3 small notches where small tabs in the controller would keep them from seating properly. The electrical connecters look identical as well. My question (finally) Will the grey modules work if I remove the small tabs? I realize I'm being cheep to not just buy the other 2 modules but times are harsh and I need to save $ any time possible.
The new controller works great, simple to install, just wish I had noticed the difference before installing it. Maybe I could have found one identical to mine.
Thanks for reading.
Sincerely, clm716

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 7th 2011, 10:49am

Hunter switched the design of the modules a few years back, which to dismay of many service techs, means you must use the new black modules. There is even a sticker inside the controller that states you may only use the black module with the controller.

Rate this thread