You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

fryeguy

Starting Member

Thursday, October 23rd 2003, 4:18am

Bad Design?

Hi,

I'm a complete novice, but I just had a sprinkler system installed in conjunction with purchasing a new house. My question is the system seems to have a bad design as it completely soaks my sidewalk leading out of my house. Not the public sidewalk, cuz there's code against that. I can't get in our out of my house without getting soaked. The company says they do that all the time, but conceded they could fix it but were bound by the orginal design agreed to by my builder. Help!!

Thanks

drpete3

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 23rd 2003, 8:29am

I agree it sounds like a bad design but a smple solution is to water when you wont use the side walk. I water from 330 am to 6 am and i wake up at 630 and therefore i have no issues with side walks and also showers, laundry, etc...
Thanks,

Pete

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 25th 2003, 10:39am

Yeah sounds like a bad design. Whether it was money issues witht he builder etc. that they did this. There are contractors that do this. Normally if i know that that would cause a problem with the customer, i split two zones, each on either side of the walkway. Some water misting over is unavoidable, but its not directly spraying. I dont know what time you water, but for best results you should start around 3 in the morning and finish before sunrise, so the lawn absorbs water, and it dried by the morning sun. As DR. Pete stated most people dont worry about sidewalks at 330 because no one is out. LEt me know what happens!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:45am

You should water during early early morning. I wouldn't worry about the sidewalk unless you have to use it between 2am and 6am.
Bhungue2

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, October 31st 2003, 12:21pm

[:D]
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

rain man

Monday, January 19th 2004, 3:45pm

You can adjust the arc of the spray so it doesn't spray on your sidewalk...

-rain man

Rate this thread