You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Gurpreet Singh

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 10:05am

Sprinkler not allowing to pass through.

Hi,

I installed 2 hunter 1" inline - jar head valve. When I manually turn on, all the sprinklers work but when I turn on through controller the valve is making puttering noise and not allowing to pass the water through. When I turn on the bleed and let the water flow through bleed all the sprinklers pop up.

I changed the new solenoid but couldnt fix the problem.

In order to check if it is getting enough power, I connected the it to another rainbird valve and it works but this hunter valve refuse to work.

Please help, I am getting crazy going back and forth

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 12:50pm

Try using something like piano wire to probe the passageways under the solenoid.

Gurpreet Singh

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 1:47pm

Sprinkler not allowing to pass through

I tried cleaning valve and put it back togather.

One more thing, when I took out the solenoid and connected it to the zone, the solenoid is opening and closing fast and making puttering noise ( like frog).

Is the solenoid bad?

In fact I used another solenoid but it is also doing the same thing

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 1:58pm

The timer could be bad. Take the solenoid and touch it directly to the controller on the problem station number and the ground terminal. If it opens and closes real fast the timer needs replacing.

You could try hooking that valve up to another terminal and abandon the one it's hooked up to now as a temporary fix.

Gurpreet Singh

Unregistered

Wednesday, August 10th 2011, 2:04pm

Sprinkler not allowing to pass through

The front 3 valves are connected to controller and they are working fine.

When I added 4th and 5th valve and connected it to timer both are having this problem.

If I am taking wire from 4th and 5th valve and connecting to front valve they work fine, it shows that they are getting enough current and amps to let the valve funtion properly.

Gurpreet Singh

Unregistered

Friday, August 12th 2011, 12:11pm

Finally solved the problem

Last thing I did was to bring a new controller but before installation I tried one more thing.
I changed 9V battery in the controller and guess what . Both the new valve started working.

This was the last resort before changing the controller.

May be this info is helpful for anyone with similar problem.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Friday, August 12th 2011, 3:09pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the 9V backup battery has nothing to do with the controllers ability to turn zones on and off. You must have touched something in the controller, bumped a loose wire, or moved a module. Either way, glad the problem is "fixed".

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, August 12th 2011, 6:30pm

Who knows, maybe there's a model of controller so crummy that the 9V battery could make a difference, and I, for one, am glad to not know what it is.