You are not logged in.

thepiratesship

Unregistered

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 12:37pm

Multiple valves not working

Hi all-

Been searching for an answer, but haven't found one-

I have 6 different zones, and two of them stopped working simultaneously. If I turn them on manually, at the antisiphon valve, they run fine. If I allow them to be turned on by the controller, they don't generate enough water pressure to pop up any of the sprinkler heads all the way- water just dribbles out. I've ensured that all heads are clear to pop up, in fact, one of the zones is in a garden and all the heads are up 6" from the ground, so nothing is holding them down.

Not knowing anything about sprinklers, my first thought was that perhaps by some coincidence the solenoids went bad at the same time. Tried replacing them, but did not fix it- in fact, even less water pressure. Also tried replacing the controller- that made no difference.

SO what should I try next- do the valves need replaced? Could there be a break in the line(s) (and if so, why can I get water pressure if I turn them on manually)?

Looking for any advice to troubleshoot this- and assume I don't know anything about this (because I don't). I appreciate any help (and patience).

mrfixit

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 12:57pm

On most model valves I run across what you've described is the diaphragm.

thepiratesship

Unregistered

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 2:35pm

On most model valves I run across what you've described is the diaphragm.
Thanks for your prompt help. The model I have are RainJet RJ711's.

If this is indeed the diaphragm, would it be easier and more cost effective to just replace the diaphragm, or should I just go ahead and replace the entire valve? I'd hate to replace the diaphragms only to find another problem and then end up replacing the whole valve anyways.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, August 14th 2011, 3:25pm

Diaphragms for those will always be available