You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Linda s

Unregistered

Monday, August 15th 2011, 9:54am

Hunter Pro c rain sensor problem

I just had my Hunter Pro C replaced and now the rain sensor is not working properly. The switch is in the correct place and the sensor red light is on and the other light displays red when it is "wet" and green when it is "dry". However, the sprinklers still come on at the designated time when it is raining and it does not read "sensor off" and stop the sprinklers like it should. As I mentioned the switch is on "active" like it should be. What could be causing this problem and how do I fix it?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2011, 11:23am

Is the metal bypass piece still in place on the terminal strip?

Linda s

Unregistered

Monday, August 15th 2011, 3:23pm

How do I find that out? I can see that they screwed in two yellow wires to the two sensor places Is it behind that?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 15th 2011, 4:17pm

Yep. Pretty visible, though. Could just be the receiver unit is bad.

Linda s

Unregistered

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 7:55am

Thanks I have another question which may be my problem. On the mini-clic there are two lights. The top light says "sensor bypass" and states "red light indicates sensor is bypassed". So that light should be off and not red, correct? The light below it shows either red when "wet" or green when "dry". I think I had the top light on too - showing red. Would that be my problem causing the sprinklers to water when it is raining?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 16th 2011, 8:16am

Besides the metal bypass strip that is factory installed, to be removed when a sensor is connected, there is a switch on the front panel to bypass the sensor.

Rate this thread