You are not logged in.

arnel_lim

Starting Member

Friday, October 24th 2003, 11:43am

Fixing Cracked PVC Under Concrete

I have a cracked PVC pipe which "may" be under my driveway. When one of my zones comes on, I see water ooze up from the concrete on my driveway. Anybody got any suggestions on how to repair a pipe running under concrete WITHOUT having to rip apart the driveway?

The original pipe is 3/4" PVC connecting to a small area with 6 sprinkler heads.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 25th 2003, 10:35am

BUMMER!!!!! There are ways you can do it. I dont think it is possible for you to fix the actual crack,you would have to feed a new sprinkler line under your driveway, which you can do or have a sprinkler company do it. If you decide to do it you should plan for at least 3 hours free! Let me know if you want to do it and ill gladly tell you the steps and what is involved!! Good luck!! P.S. are you sure that the leak is coming from under the driveway? it may just seem that way. Put on the zone and take a really close look!!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, October 27th 2003, 6:41am

I'd definitely feed a new line. Ripping up the driveway would bite.
Bhungue2

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, October 31st 2003, 12:16pm

[:D]
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

dennyboy34

Monday, August 22nd 2005, 10:39am

Run a new line.

Jazzer K

Saturday, December 31st 2005, 10:14am

have someone with a directional boring machine drill in a new pipe or run a new 5/8" line inside of the old 3/4 in. That will definatly drop pressure though. It depends on how much flow and pressure you need.
Kasper's Landscape & Design Inc.

Rate this thread