You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

luckytopher

Unregistered

Sunday, August 21st 2011, 8:43pm

Hunter XC - shows to be running - no water coming out

Have a Hunter XC system with 7 of 8 channels set up. It has worked great for years. All of a sudden, it's no longer pushing water through. The control unit will show that each station is running, for the time it should, but no station runs with water, nothing pops up. I've gone to the main water valve and I can turn it and it forces one station on (which I guess means all is as it should be?)

I've reset the computer (unplug & pull backup batt for 1hr) and re-tried using it, and no fix. This apparently happened within the last week or so (I briefly noticed no water stains on the fence last week). I ran the internal diagnostics on the machine and none of the circuits came back with an error.

Water in the house works fine. I went to the only valve in the front yard plastic circular recessed box thing, and turned it on, and it forced the closest station on. I don't think that's the issue.

What's my next thing to look for?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 6:51am

Look for a rain sensor. Check your wiring for continuity.

luckytopher

Starting Member

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 5:26pm

Look for a rain sensor. Check your wiring for continuity.

Found that the rain sensor had been cut by the lawn guys edging around the edge of the fence.

Even with the system set to 'sensor bypass' would that still be the issue?

I'm about to go dig for the wire to resplice it.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, August 22nd 2011, 5:35pm

Use a multimeter to determine if you have any resistance on your stations. One probe on the common post and the other on station one post, then station two, etc.

I've got a feeling your common wire is cut. Find and check the multistrand wire where it first enters the ground. Maybe the lawn mowers nicked it there too.

Rate this thread