You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lbfalgi

Starting Member

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 6:15pm

Hunter Pro C Troubleshooting

I have a Hunter Pro C outdoor controller with the base module plus 2 additional modules (total of 9 zones). It has worked for 5 years and this summer, until a few days ago. Now, whenever it has power, zone 3 is always on, even with the dial in the OFF position. The only way to turn off zone 3 is to unplug the power cord. When trying to run manual stations, I get ERR in the display on all zones, and none of the other zones will turn on. Running the diagnostic program also displays ERR for all zones. I have removed the control module and installed it in a neighbors unit and it works fine. Installing his control unit into my box gives the same results as with my control unit. I have manually jumpered all zones from the transformer and they all work fine. I have also reset the control unit, with the same results.

Could the main module be bad? Any help would be appreciated.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Tuesday, August 30th 2011, 8:38pm

Bad controller.

You know it's not the module since it worked fine in your neighbors. The mother board is letting juice through to the modules continuously, which it shouldn't do.

Save your modules and replace the Pro-C. Unless your modules are grey, in which case, you'll need to buy the new black modules.

Rate this thread