You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

PenleyFace

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 8:31am

Replaced Valve; Now Other Valves Not Working

Here's the facts:

> 5-zone system with 6 valves (Zone 2 is sprayer and has 2 valves)

> Zones 1 thru 4 operational; Zone 5 completely broken so I installed new pipe, heads, and replaced valve/solenoid

> Zone 4 and 5 valves tied into same wire nut on neutral/return

> After replacing Zone 5 valve, Zones 4 and 5 are fine from control box, but Zones 1 thru 3 valves aren't operating. Can push water thru the valves manually but not electronically.

Any advice?

I know I'm getting power because Zones 4 and 5 are working, and I know all the valves are getting water pressure. Could it be something wrong with my return wire? Or is it possible that when I replaced the valve on Zone 5 that debris from the exposed pipe could have backed up into the main line and ended up clogging valves 1 thru 3. If so, I would assume that Zone 4 valve would've also clogged up too?

mrfixit

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 10:55am

It sounds like there's one ground wire in common for valves ! 2 3 that's broken. Redo the wire connections. Look around and see if you can find where the three wires connect together into one ground wire.

PenleyFace

Wednesday, August 31st 2011, 11:30am

Thx dude!

I'll try it tonight. I'm hoping that the wiring is the issue. But if not, is It possible I contaminated the other valves?? I'm just dreading the possibility of taking all the valves apart.

Rate this thread