You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

DVee

Unregistered

Monday, September 5th 2011, 7:47pm

too many wires

I am replacing a controller in my garage. I took the old one out without taking a mental note of how it was wired because I thought this was a simple swap-out. When I go to put my new one on I realize I have a set of +/- ac wires that I don't know what they are for. The old unit had a 24vac transformer that was plugged into a wall receptacle and there are the expected 8 colored wires for my 7 zone system. But...there is also that set of ac wires coming out of the wall next to the colored wires.

Any ideas what this could be for, I can't figure it out. They aren't hot. Looking at my old unit I can't see where these wires were hooked up, but I know they were.

The old box was Weathermatic LawnMate7, the system is about 15 years old.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Tuesday, September 6th 2011, 6:18am

It sounds like the old unit had an external 24VAC power supply for the zones. Does your new controller have a built in DC/AC converter? If it does then you shouldn't need the wall brick.

What make and model is the new controller?

Rate this thread