You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 11:19am

When blowing out lines.........

.....do I just open the bleed valve on the valves or do I need to set the controller to open the valves?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 8th 2011, 8:12pm

Just manually run through the valves from the controller.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, September 9th 2011, 8:10am

Thank you

grey

Advanced Member

Friday, September 9th 2011, 12:04pm

RE: When blowing out lines.........

.....do I just open the bleed valve on the valves or do I need to set the controller to open the valves?

What size compressor do you use? How long is your runs?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Friday, September 9th 2011, 7:18pm

For the average residential system we use anywhere from a 160-185CFM compressor. It's a good sized compressor, but we're in the business of getting them done quick! We typically run them about 60-70 psi. At these settings we can actually blow out roughly 15 Rotors at a time. Remember, it's the CFM rating that clears the water from the line.

Blow out time varies depending on size, layout, and type of zone being cleared. Run the compressor until the last head/s have been misting for 30 seconds.

grey

Advanced Member

Friday, September 9th 2011, 8:56pm

Yes, I've read about CFM but what if I have all day to do it? Will regular 30 ish gallon compressor do the job?

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 10:34am

Depends on the size of the zones. I know alot of homeowners that refuse to pay the money and opt to do it themselves. Though, I don't condone using a shop compressor, many people use them. It will more than likely take you all day to do it.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, September 10th 2011, 1:27pm

In my case my longest run is 80 feet of 3/4 poly. I have a small tankless comprssor and my neighbor has a pancake tank compressor. If they can't do it I'll call in the local pro.

seansy59

Advanced Member

Wednesday, September 14th 2011, 12:33pm

At my local Home Depot, you can also rent an air compressor (gas) for $40 a day. It is about a 10 gallon one. Don't know if that would do the job. Probably, beacause as a homeowner, you don't have to do many systems a day. Just yours. For me, I don't mind taking a day to do it, as long as its done right, and its a good price.
I'm no expert..........YET! :D I just like to suggest things and learn... :thumbsup: See what the pro's have to say first.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, September 15th 2011, 3:36pm

At my local Home Depot, you can also rent an air compressor (gas) for $40 a day. It is about a 10 gallon one. Don't know if that would do the job. Probably, beacause as a homeowner, you don't have to do many systems a day. Just yours. For me, I don't mind taking a day to do it, as long as its done right, and its a good price.
A lot of work to save $35, sez me

Rate this thread