You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

abrit10

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 4:59pm

Installing Rainbird 5000 plus nozzles

I have the Rainbird 5000 plus nozzles, I tried using a screwdriver in the pullup slot and turning 90 degrees I am unable to get the stem to lift up... I have the Documentation on this product that does not help.. I used a small flat tipped and a medium one. or is there a special tool I need?. Thanks in advance for any help with my problem.

Ray

RVLI

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 5:10pm

Do you have the rainbird screw driver? You will need one of them to pull it up. You can use a regular smaller blade screw driver to turn the nozzle screw and to shut the valve off. The hunter key also works for pulling up rainbird rotors.

abrit10

Thursday, October 30th 2003, 5:51pm

Do you have the rainbird screw driver? No:
I will try and purchase the Rainbird screwdriver or The hunter key.
RVLI thanks very much for your assistance.

bhungue2

Advanced Member

Monday, November 3rd 2003, 7:14am

You can just stick the screwdriver between the body of the head and the part that pops up, give it a little lift and then grab it with your hand and pull up. Just so you know those springs are pretty tight so you would have to hold on tight. I've done it this way a few times. Or just get a rainbird screwdriver, they're handy.
Bhungue2

Rate this thread