You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 6:55am

Backflow Preventer device for Florida

I'm looking into installing an irrigation system for my lawn. I live in Polk county in Florida. I'm confused as to which type of backflow preventor is required, just a pvb or a more complicated device? Can someone give me some clarification? Thanks.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, September 18th 2011, 1:54pm

a PVB is plenty of protection. Only a booster pump or fertilizer injection would make it unfit.

Monday, September 19th 2011, 5:18am

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Everything I read seems to say a PVB has to be 12 inches above the highest sprinkler. People in Florida must hide their PVB very well as they are not noticeable or I need to look closer.

Also if you have sprayers for shrubs on risers that put them 2 feet above ground, does the PVB have to be above those sprayers? Thanks

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, September 19th 2011, 8:54am

higher than the highest head - that's the rule for gravity devices like vacuum breakers - if the home has an area outside where the utilities are clustered, the PVB doesn't stick out so much if it goes in amongst the rest

Rate this thread