You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

jag1967

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 2:44pm

Hunter SRV 1" Valve leaking

Anyone that can help with some pointers. I needed to replace a 1" inch Hunter SRV valve with a brand new one. So i did, but it still leaks. I checked for Debris or anything that may be blocking the diaphragm and nothing was blocking it open. I also disconnected the valve to see it might close it but it didn't. out of 8 valves, this one styas open when the water main is open. Any help to troubleshoot is appropriate it.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 2:49pm

Disconnect the zone valve wire from the controller, to eliminate it as a possible problem

jag1967

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 2:55pm

I disconnected it as well, I tried it.

I made sure I had no power to the unit, also replaced the selanoid with another one and it's still leaking

mrfixit

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 3:00pm

Make sure the solenoid is screwed on all the way. Snug.

jag1967

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 3:03pm

it is, all the way down.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 5:32pm

Try tightening the four bolts on the top of the valve. Play with the flow control if it has one. If all else fails, disassemble the valve and visually inspect the bottom of the diaphragm and the rest of the internals.

jag1967

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 5:54pm

Hunter srv

Done that as well

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 6:39pm

Maybe it's in backwards.

jag1967

Sunday, October 2nd 2011, 7:45pm

Hunter valve

No, its correct. That's why I find it so odd.