You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, October 7th 2011, 3:28pm

Which Hunter rotors to use, PGP or PGP-Ultra

I'm preparing to have an irrigation system installed at my residence in Florida. With my research, I've decided to go with Hunter. The contractor I'm leaning towards turns out uses Hunter. I would like to know if it is worth the (I assume) extra money to go with PGP Ultra instead of the recommended PGP? I have similar questions in the Valves and Controllers forums. Thanks, Gary

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Friday, October 7th 2011, 4:03pm

If the upgrade heads have stainless steel construction, that might be an advantage in sandy soil

mike1059

Friday, October 7th 2011, 7:29pm

rotors

pgp's are a good head but my preferance is for the rain bird 5000 because it does not take a special tool to make adjustments.

harlow1231

Starting Member

Wednesday, October 19th 2011, 1:11pm

Gary,

I am an irrigation contractor in Jacksonville. The PGP is a fine choice for your residential home. The Ultra's ARE top of the line, but I feel would be a bit overkill for a residential system. The same would go for your valve selection. The SRV valve I would say would be your best bet.

-Luke

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Friday, October 21st 2011, 1:18am

Ultra's are just the upgraded version of the pgp. You can actually use a hunter adjustment key or a slotted screw driver for the adjustments now. They're not top of the line- just the newer version of the pgp.. From what I gathered ( boots may correct this)is that hunter's patent ran out on the pgp so they were forced for an upgrade.

I-20's are the next beefier version of the pgp's. Then leading into the stainless steels shafts.

My preference is the rain bird 5000 Plus.

Rate this thread