You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Billyp

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 8:22pm

One sprinkler zone drizzling when system is off

Today is an OFF day for our sprinkler system. By chance I discovered that all zone 2 sprinklers were drizzling (meaning very small amount) of water. I went to the master control panel and switched the system off. Even with the system manually switched off all zone 2 sprinklers continued to drizzle. I was forced to turn off the incoming water at the sprinkler system valve. Of course that action stopped the zone 2 drizzle.

Your suggested source, solution and comments appreciated.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, October 8th 2011, 8:54pm

The valve to zone 2 more then likely has contamination inside (internally) and has now fauled up the valve.

Locate
the valve in question and take it apart- inspect the diaphram for
damage and flush the valve. Recommend to replace the diaphram.

Where abouts do you live?

Billyp

Monday, October 10th 2011, 1:54pm

The valve to zone 2 more then likely has contamination inside (internally) and has now fauled up the valve.

Locate
the valve in question and take it apart- inspect the diaphram for
damage and flush the valve. Recommend to replace the diaphram.

Where abouts do you live?

DeSoto, Tx, a suburb of Dallas. I will get a sprinkler company to do the repair. In years past I would do it myself but now I have only one usable arm making digging quite a challenge. Btw, where is the zone 2 valve located.

Thanks

JimmyTheGlove

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 4:30pm

Run your system manually by way of the valves.

Locate your valves inside your valve box.

Turn one valve on at a time until you figure out which one controls the zone that is drizzling.

I'd go ahead and just have them replace the entire valve. In my experience, it's never as easy as just fixing the diaphragm. It's probably time for a brand new one anyway.
Put your trust in Orbit Sprinklers :thumbsup:

Billyp

Wednesday, October 12th 2011, 5:22pm

Run your system manually by way of the valves.

Locate your valves inside your valve box.

Turn one valve on at a time until you figure out which one controls the zone that is drizzling.

I'd go ahead and just have them replace the entire valve. In my experience, it's never as easy as just fixing the diaphragm. It's probably time for a brand new one anyway.

Problem! I have "NO" idea where the valve box is located. Isn't the entire piping system interlinked?

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:24am

A Wire tracer locator will be able to find the valve in question . Good thing you're getting a company out there.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Thursday, October 13th 2011, 11:26am

In my experience, it's never as easy as just fixing the diaphragm. It's probably time for a brand new one anyway.
Agreed- but for a homeowner this isn't always the best solution.

Thursday, October 20th 2011, 6:16pm

You usally find the valve box close to the backflow, Or where ever you turnd the water off. Use a shovel and poke around the ground. Usally a thump will sound.

Rate this thread