You are not logged in.

bdt

Starting Member

Monday, October 17th 2011, 9:50am

Rainbird ESP-6Si controller/timer

I have a Rainbird ESP-6Si controller that has a peculiar problem. The control panel is sort of "locked up" and it is difficult to change any of the settings. The timer still works and the various zones are watered as programed, but to change the date, time, etc, I have to hold down the UP or DOWN button for a couple of minutes before anything changes. I can slide the selector to change the frequency of watering and this shows up on the readout instantly. I just can't easily change the other settings with the various push buttons.

The LCD read out seems to be OK - it is not faint or doing anything strange. The controller is about 15 years old and is inside my garage in Houston, TX. I suppose that I could change the controller or its circuit board, but I wonder is this is a documented issue. I haven't been able to find any references to similar events online, but it's a hard thing to look for.

I haven't tried to pull the battery and fuze, yet, to reset the controller since it will probably take an hour to reprogram it if the reset doesn't cure the problem. That's my next step if there isn't a definite cure for this specific problem.

thanks in advance.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Monday, October 17th 2011, 11:40am

If it still works, you live with it. Otherwise, be prepared to replace it.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Monday, October 17th 2011, 12:59pm

This is a common thing for the si's. Time for a replacement

Rate this thread