You are not logged in.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 22nd 2003, 4:41am

it might be your common wire for some valves. Does each valve have two wires connecting to it. If not you have to take the other wire that is not connected from each valve and twiat them all together around this white wire (just the one wire from the valve, thats not already in use) try that!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Mel

Thursday, December 11th 2003, 11:34am

Woo hoo! Thanks for your help! I got waterproof caps and re-stripped and twisted all of the wires and voila....we have liftoff! Unfortunately, the common wire is so short it keeps coming undone. Plus one of the other valve wires is also so short it has had a piece added to it to make it reach. That was part of the problem. The waterproof caps have some sort of grease or something in them which isn't helping matters. Any tips for lengthening wires without re-doing the whole thing? You guys have been great! By the way...Mel is for Melissa. I'm a she, not a he. :-) Thanks for all your help!

drpete3

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 13th 2003, 2:27am

Glad to help. Can you move the controller a little closer to the wires? That may be the easiest solution.
Thanks,

Pete

Mel

Saturday, December 13th 2003, 7:03am

Unfortunately I can't move the controller any closer. Do you think splicing the wires is out of the question? I'd hate to cause more of a problem than I already have but as they are continuing to come loose I don't know what else to do. There seemed to be some sort of hardened glue-like substance like from a glue gun or something in the black rubber piece that houses all of the wires together but when I took the wires out, I had to remove most of it to get them out. Do you know what kind of goop might have been in there? That would probably help for the common wire problem. Thanks again for your help!

drpete3

Supreme Member

Tuesday, December 16th 2003, 4:58am

I think adding a small peice of wire sounds resonable if you need longer wires. If this is indoors then I would use a small wire nut and if it outdoors then use the waterproof type again.

I am not sure what they would have used if it was hard. When you say black rubber peice I am not sure what you are referring to. Can you explain that more?
Thanks,

Pete

Rate this thread