You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Neil7

Monday, October 24th 2011, 5:19pm

New Hunter Rain-Clik does not turn off sprinkler

My old Rain-Clik (wired, not wireless) stopped turning off the sprinklers after rain and the dry test button did not stop them either. I got a new Rain-Clik but it does not turn off the sprinklers when I dry test. Is there something inside the controller (Hunter Pro-C) that might have failed and that I could test? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Central Irrigation

Supreme Member

Monday, October 24th 2011, 7:23pm

Is the sensor bypass switch on the faceplate of the controller in the bypass position?

grey

Advanced Member

Monday, October 24th 2011, 8:01pm

Did you remove jumper plate when connecting wires?

Neil7

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 8:32am

jumper, bypass

Thanks for the suggestions.
The jumper plate was not there. I guess it was removed when the previous sensor was installed.
I moved the slider from bypass to the active position after I started single station watering but before I did the dry test.

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 6:49pm

Read the hunter manual, because there is a function of the controller that when you turn on manually the rain sensor is bypassed. I have had this happen. It depends how it is turned on if the sensor works.

That is how it used to be :thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Neil7

Tuesday, October 25th 2011, 8:44pm

Solved - used wrong controller function to test

hi.todd
You are right - the MANUAL - SINGLE STATION function bypasses the sensor (manual page eight). When I dry test using MANUAL - ALL STATIONS, the sensor turns off the sprinkler.
Thank you!

Rate this thread