You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

lilyflynn

Starting Member

Thursday, October 27th 2011, 9:15am

Difference between Rain Bird ESP-LXM and Rain Bird ESP-MC series controllers?

I’m about to finish an upgrade to my irrigation system. I’m looking at two Rain Bird controllers, the ESP-LXM and ESP-MC series for my farm irrigation needs. The ESP-MC has two pump start applications. Is that needed for my application? What are the main differences between the two units and will the ESP-LXM work as well as the ESP-MC series with my pump needs?

I will be serving 16 stations and will eventually expand to 20. I have a 3 HP 220V single phase pump that will be used with a pump start relay. The system needs are varied and will service landscape with canal water around my house, barn and veggie garden with Rain Bird pop-ups, ½” and ¼ inch drip lines with spray heads and emitters. Two 2.5 acre fields will have K-Line irrigation.