You are not logged in.

grey

Advanced Member

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 8:07pm

My attempt at blow outs

I've got a 6.1 SCFM compressor the other day to give it a try on my sprinkler system. Well I guess it didn't work well. I went 2 times over each zone. First time it worked fine: heads came up blowing air-water mix. On the second time sprinklers on the longest runs didn't come up. I could hear air blowing through. Smaller zones came up fine. I have small flower bed zone with 8 six inch pop-ups and VAN nozzles that don't come up either. My guess I eliminated about 90% of water but that is obviously not enough.
In any case I scheduled a "pro" with bigger compressor to do it.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "grey" (Nov 3rd 2011, 8:57pm)

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, November 4th 2011, 9:27am

Peace of mind to have a pro involved then.

grey

Advanced Member

Friday, November 4th 2011, 11:15am

It's not just peace of mind, I know there still water left

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 11:04am

I have a 20 gallon 5.1 SCFM @ 40psi compressor and it did the job but took some time. I had to purge each zone about 3 or 4 times, each time letting it refill.

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 12:02pm

Mine was rated 6.1 SCFM @40 PSI and still didn't do very well. Maybe I have longer runs plus my mainline is 1 1/4", laterals are 1". The biggest problem are 4-5' shrub risers. Yesterday a company came over and on smaller zones (the one I thought I did good) still quite a bit of mist came out. On shrub zone he had to do it couple times.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 6:48am

Yea, your main line and laterals are larger than mine. Mine are 1" and 3/4" and my zones are on the smaller side.