You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

grey

Advanced Member

Thursday, November 3rd 2011, 8:07pm

My attempt at blow outs

I've got a 6.1 SCFM compressor the other day to give it a try on my sprinkler system. Well I guess it didn't work well. I went 2 times over each zone. First time it worked fine: heads came up blowing air-water mix. On the second time sprinklers on the longest runs didn't come up. I could hear air blowing through. Smaller zones came up fine. I have small flower bed zone with 8 six inch pop-ups and VAN nozzles that don't come up either. My guess I eliminated about 90% of water but that is obviously not enough.
In any case I scheduled a "pro" with bigger compressor to do it.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "grey" (Nov 3rd 2011, 8:57pm)

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Friday, November 4th 2011, 9:27am

Peace of mind to have a pro involved then.

grey

Advanced Member

Friday, November 4th 2011, 11:15am

It's not just peace of mind, I know there still water left

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 11:04am

I have a 20 gallon 5.1 SCFM @ 40psi compressor and it did the job but took some time. I had to purge each zone about 3 or 4 times, each time letting it refill.

grey

Advanced Member

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 12:02pm

Mine was rated 6.1 SCFM @40 PSI and still didn't do very well. Maybe I have longer runs plus my mainline is 1 1/4", laterals are 1". The biggest problem are 4-5' shrub risers. Yesterday a company came over and on smaller zones (the one I thought I did good) still quite a bit of mist came out. On shrub zone he had to do it couple times.

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 6:48am

Yea, your main line and laterals are larger than mine. Mine are 1" and 3/4" and my zones are on the smaller side.