You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

ufalco

Friday, November 7th 2003, 4:50am

winterize

i use a porta cable compressor with 4 gallon tank.after the water comes out the compressor does not pup the spray head anymore.do i need more air.the compressor load up to 120psi and i set my output to 75psi.i have six head on the line.when the compressor first start up the heads go up and quickly go down.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Friday, November 7th 2003, 9:54am

yep thats gunna happen....u need to unplug the hose from your compressor and let it refil, and then put it back on.....after the compressor is fulled and u rain air, and nothing is happening..then the line is done. The reason that its really strong in the beginning is because there is water to be pushed out, and when the water is out, theres no more to push out!
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

ufalco

Monday, November 10th 2003, 5:37am

thanks ray as usully you are great help. my concern is, since the head don't pup pop after the water flushes, do i really winterize my system ok or is there water left in the pipe.can i plug a bigger air tank(more gallons) in line with the conpressor.is that going to work.so is my winterizetion ok and can i improve it by buying a air tank instead of a new compressor.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, November 10th 2003, 12:54pm

there may be a little water in the lines...and when people hear that they freak....the concept of blowing out is to relieve water so that the lines arent chock full. If a little water lays on the bottom of the pipe and that freezes, it has plenty of room to expand, causing no damage. If the pipe is full there is no place for the frozen water to go but out the pipe, which causes a crack. If you want to make sure, (if the zone is spray heads) you can turn the screw down on the nozzle to turn off the middle heads, leaving the last two open..thus it will be able to push further......let me know what happens
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Rate this thread