You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 7th 2011, 6:20pm

Sprinkler body adapter

I 'm changing my K Rain sprinklers for Hunter PRS40 with MP Rotator Nozzles and the K Rain is 3/4" inlet VS. Hunter is 1/2". Is there an adapter that I can use to reduce to 1/2"?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 8th 2011, 5:39pm

There do exist 1/2-inch MPT x 3/4-inch FPT adapters, but they aren't standard issue

Jasper

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 5:39am

Try reduction nipples found here: http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?cart_id=5036647.5029&product=PVC-Nipples-Reducing-TBE

Or these reduction bushings: http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?cart_id=5036647.5029&product=PVC-Reducer-Bushings-MPT

Or, if your mist heads are on swing (funny) pipe; remove the existing male 3/4 funny elbow and replace with male 1/2 elbow.

Hunter MP's usually require an adjustment in run time to produce adequate percipitation. Use the chart found here to determine appropriate run times: http://www.hunterindustries.com/products/mprotator/

mrfixit

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 2:10pm

Hey Jasper, I was wondering if you're connected to the Flex PVC site? What I'm after is the 1" flex PVC. I don't need a ROLL of flex pvc. I need straight pieces. 48" in length would be good. I'll buy 100 feet if neccessary. I already have a 100 ft. roll I hate. I have 1/2 and 3/4 in my stock. I'm having trouble finding 1". Thanks!

Jasper

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 3:17pm

Hey Jasper, I was wondering if you're connected to the Flex PVC site? What I'm after is the 1" flex PVC. I don't need a ROLL of flex pvc. I need straight pieces. 48" in length would be good. I'll buy 100 feet if neccessary. I already have a 100 ft. roll I hate. I have 1/2 and 3/4 in my stock. I'm having trouble finding 1". Thanks!
Sorry, no I'm not connected with flexpvc.com. I posted the links to help the original poster get an idea what to look for. I usually get my materials from a local outlet (not Home D or lowes... GACK).

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 5:12pm

would this work

Brass Fitting

mrfixit

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 11:18pm

No Dog those wont work. Here's what you need.

www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Dura-PVC-Threaded-Reducing-Bushing-p/439-101.htm

Unscrew the 3/4 inch risers, insert bushing. Use teflon tape. Buy some 1/2 risers.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 11:46pm

More then likely it's a 3/4 marlex or male swing elbow.

You can cut that out and install a 1/2 swing fitting. Or go boots route- however your head probably be sticking out of the ground

Jasper

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 5:47am

If you are not on swing pipe, now would be a good time to do so:

http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Hunter-Swing-Joints-s/224.htm

Or you could just go to the reduction nipples and forego having to manufacture or buy swing joints, or purchase a reduction bushing and a riser.

Of course you can always install the 2" Orbits @ .99 to ease positioning the head to grade ( :rolleyes: joking).

Post a picture for better advice.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 11:02am

You can always go the 5-piece route. Start with a female coupling in place of the original head. Then a MPT x swing-pipe elbow. Then the swing pipe. Another MPT x swing-pipe elbow. A marlex elbow (because you are not a hack) ~ Job done.

Rate this thread