You are not logged in.

lou40

Wednesday, November 9th 2011, 4:15pm

Toro Vision II power supply trouble shooting

I originally posted this question in Oct. The only answer I received was to check the fuses. (Both fuses are ok) I would appreciate if someone could answer the questions about the power supply.

Hi, I am trying to shut down my system for the winter. When I tried to turn on the sprinkler I discovered that none of the valves were responding. I checked the power supply outputs and found the 15 V and hot post were ok. I have no reading on the 24v output. Does this mean the power supply is not working? If this is the case, can I replace the rectangular power supply that I have with the 363-4170 transformer?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, November 10th 2011, 11:12am

If there is power at the 'hot post' then the 24 VAC transformer is obviously working ~ check for a rain detector interrupting the circuit.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 12th 2011, 8:58pm

Boots as an old timer you should know there are 4 power wires on the toro vision right?
I personally never have taken the time to look at why those controllers and a few others have 4 ( Normally like 2 12 v and 2 24v)

To the op If you ohmed out the valves and they all read good then you would know this is a controller issue / power issue

But if I used the multimeter and had 15v on 2 but no 24v on the other 2 ( Be sure to alternate your power posts around to make sure you are actually touching the right posts to get the accurate reading) And the controller isn't working ( yet all valves read good) then I would say it's bad

We call em ' Toro Illusion '

Time to upgrade .. It's like working on a 1980 car..

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 8:15am

Some of the old controllers needed a lower voltage for their electronics, hence the extra wires (one of which might be a ground)

Indeed, a pro would be taking resistance measurements of the zone wiring, and looking to see whether a rain detector is part of the circuit.

Rate this thread