You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 9:28am

Leaky Toro 250

The valve will not cut off when the zone time ends. I undid the wires to the solenoid and still kept going. I took apart the valve and flushed everything. I noticed a small 1/4" crack on the hard plastic ring that the diaphragm rest up against. I turn the valve all the way to the off position and still hear the water running. Could the small crack be stopping the valve from shutting off?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "bigdogmedia1966" (Nov 13th 2011, 1:31pm)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 12:46pm

the ring is a support - not for containing the water - you reach a point where it is easiest to replace the entire valve - buy a replacement 250-series valve, and try a "guts swap"

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 2:11pm

What if I just replace it with a Hunter PGV valve? Is this valve good?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 13th 2011, 7:50pm

Sure, go for it.

Rate this thread