You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

charliew

Unregistered

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 9:33am

Question about manifold design

I want to build a sprinkler manifold where the water supply comes into the middle of the manifold. In all of the examples I have seen, the water supply comes in from the end of the manifold. Is there a problem in doing it this way?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 12:51pm

If you have a cross fitting, go for it.

mrfixit

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 1:01pm

Boots, why does he need a cross fitting?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 2:04pm

It all depends on how much space you want between valves. For the original question, a manifold fed from the side, needs no cross fittings, whatever the valve spacing.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Tuesday, November 29th 2011, 8:18pm

Looks lame

CharlieW

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 7:48am

Question about manifold design

Let me try to explain a little better - I wanted to have a four valve manifold and to have the water supply come in behind valve number 2 or 3 using a cross tee. Any problems with that? (Sorry for the confusion)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 8:11am

I got it the first time. I can use crosses, and no worries. (the manifold in the photo is not recommended for amateurs)

ReddHead

Advanced Member

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 2:09pm

I built mine similar to the one boots posted a picture of. That one is a bit more compact than mine, but I staggered the valves similarly, so I could squeeze 5 into a smaller box. Of course, none of them will come out without first removing the solenoids.

Stupid question, why do you want to supply it that way instead of from the side?

CharlieW

Unregistered

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 4:47pm

I am working in a very compact area - inside a fenced off area - sharing space with an A/C unit, and a water softener - am replacing the current setup where the well pump points straight at an index valve - and the four zones come up to the valve right next to the fence corner. The well pipe is right next to where the four zones come up. I was thinking that pump -------->manifold----------->four zones in a straight line was best way - but very compact! Other ideas?

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Wednesday, November 30th 2011, 5:18pm

Why abandon the index valve?