You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

NewtoAZ

Unregistered

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:16pm

water pressure

I have a drip system with two valves. I replaced the control box because it was burning out and a diaphram because I had some leakage. The last issue is that I am having problems with water pressure. The water is not coming all the way down the fence line of my shrubs. It did in the past and in the recent past(prior to replacing the control box and diaphram) sometimes it was better then other times. It seems to work well about half way down. I have a lot of water coming out of the drip emitters on the first four shrubs but then it just stops. Do you think the filter needs to be cleaned? Any suggestions?

mrfixit

Friday, December 9th 2011, 3:40pm

This could easily be a dirty filter. Yes clean it.

It could be the emitters have debris in them. Open the end of the dripline and flush it out. Change an emitter and see what happens.

If the line's buried underground maybe it got pinched by a tree root.

Make sure the flow control isn't closed down too far on the valve.

Good luck!

new to az

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 11:59am

This could easily be a dirty filter. Yes clean it.

It could be the emitters have debris in them. Open the end of the dripline and flush it out. Change an emitter and see what happens.

If the line's buried underground maybe it got pinched by a tree root.

Make sure the flow control isn't closed down too far on the valve.

Good luck!

I got the water to come down the line. I dug out all the emitters. They may have been pinched? I opened the end of the filter (which looks like a black bottle with a cap) and I was not able to access the actual filter? I ran the valve with the filter cap off and it seemed to do the trick.

Now I have a new problem. Everything was working fine until a rodent chewed through part of the tubing in the front of my house. I was able to repair it. Now the water is not moving all the way around my back yard? I also have a few places on the ends of my property which are just soaked while the valve is running? Does this maintenance ever end?

mrfixit

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 1:55pm

LOL. I often equate owning a sprinkler system to owning a used car. You fix something today and next week something else may break. The better you maintain it the longer it'll last.

Dripline is one of the things that needs a lot of attention.

The filter for your drip should be before all the emitters not at the end. Look near the valve.

new to az

Unregistered

Wednesday, January 11th 2012, 2:39pm

Thanks for all your help. I appreciate it and I am learning slowly but surely. I am able to identify the filter(which is by the valve). After watching a video from this site I think I need to unscrew the larger part of the filter and not just the cap on the end? I am always worried I am going to break something.

Any suggestions on why the system may not be working in my backyard now? As I said before it now works great down my fence line but after the rodent chewed on the line(which is repaired-I rechecked it yesterday) it does not work in my backyard?

Also, what is the correct way to "flush out" the line?

Rate this thread