You are not logged in.

charliew

Unregistered

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:34pm

what type of connector on controller

I am installing a Krain controller outside and need to run direct burial cable to the valves. Also need two wires to the pump replay. I am wondering about what type of connector to use on the controller knockout? Living in Florida means to also try to keep the critters out of the controller box. How would you do this?

charliew

Unregistered

Friday, December 9th 2011, 2:38pm

I meant relay not replay

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 10th 2011, 9:58am

K-Rain makes indexing valves, which need no wires. Controllers and master valves are usually at the house, so no wire needs to be buried. If a pump is out in the field somewhere, I would get power to it by way of wire buried in steel conduit.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 12:37am

Do you have 120/240 power to your pump already?

Boots- as much as I agree with steel used compared to conduit. I never seen steel used instead of conduit on a power line.

Generally Conduit is directly run from the ground leading into the pump relay box- particularly with the 120/240 wire. With the irrigation wire you might as well use conduit too, however a romex connection would do just fine too

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 11th 2011, 2:11pm

Steel would be "old school" compared to the PVC commonly used today, but if rodents are a big concern, I think you want metal conduit.

Rate this thread