You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

John florida

Unregistered

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 3:40pm

Sprinkler leaked after shutoff

Four of my sprinkler head leak after my sprinkler is off. I replaced the solenoid and still leaked so I cut the pipe and replace with a new valve but water is still leaking when I turn off my system. Please help

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 4:47pm

Did you verify the valve that you replaced turns on the 4 sprinkler heads that are leaking?

Do the sprinkler heads leak constantly for many hours/days after the zone was used ? or just for a few min after the zone is done?

Make sure you flush the main line prior to installing a new valve- otherwise you may just faul up the new valve with more debris

John florida

Unregistered

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 4:54pm

thanks for the fast reply. I've checked the valve and it goes to the correct zone. It will leak for hours, I don't know what is wrong

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 4:58pm

"Leak for hours" is very much different than "leaks 24/7" - What make and model of valve are you using?

John florida

Unregistered

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 5:40pm

its a rainbird cp-100, it constantly leak until I shut off the water supply. I replace the valve and it still leak I thought it might me a defect so I replaced it again but I still have the same problem

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 6:00pm

So it does leak 24/7 when the water is on or it doesn't?

If it's just a few hours .
Do you have a water meter? I Recommend to check the leak detector on the meter to verify if you actually have a leak or if this is just the head draining after it has ran.

Did you manually turn on this valve and saw these sprinkler heads that are leaking pop up or did you turn it on from the controller?

John florida

Unregistered

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 10:05pm

It leak 24/7, turns on normally but will not shut off completely. The only way to shut it off is from the main water supply. Seems like the solenoid valve can't shut it off ( tried manually and replaced with 2 new ones). I have no clue why this happens.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 18th 2011, 10:40pm

Did you manually turn this valve on and see these heads turn on or did you try this from the controller?

The reason I ask this is because it's possible to have more then 1 valve wired into a zone and if you turn it on from the controller it will kick on both zones. However there can be 2 physical valves and you may be on the wrong valve

That or there's still more debris in the valve

mrfixit

Monday, December 19th 2011, 4:57am

Make sure the solenoid is snug.

Check the diaphragm for debris.

On a rare occasion the controller itself will send a weak signal to the valve 24 hours a day causing it to leak. You could disconnect the wire and see if it stops.