You are not logged in.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 7:28am

Heavy brass 1" PVB support

My new 1" brass PVB is very heavy. My install will be as follows: pvc out of my house 18 inches above ground. 90 elbow up and install PVB. Outlet pvc add 90 degree elbow down into the ground 12 inches. Do I need any extra support? BTW it comes inside in the winter as I install pvc unions.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 8:49am

Now you know why pros exit a house with copper (use type L) and stay copper through the PVB. Of course they never remove a PVB for indoor storage.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Saturday, December 24th 2011, 9:19am

I already have the pvc installed. Too risky to use?

EDIT: I'll replace the pvc with copper to the PVB. I'll dump the unions also and make the PVB a permanent install

Since I now need a drain between the PVB and valve box, I bought a pvb tee with a threaded plug. This ok?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wsommariva" (Dec 24th 2011, 10:24am)

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 9:28am

Risky? PVC is frail compared to type L copper, especially in the cold of winter, when it is more brittle.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Sunday, December 25th 2011, 2:09pm

I used copper to the PVB. All done until Spring.

I couldn't sweat the joint...too cold, so I supported the PVB with heavy duty tape until warmer weather. EDIT: Bought propolyne gas - done with the solder in one minute!!

Need to install blowout between PVB and valve box - what's the best method?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "wsommariva" (Dec 26th 2011, 11:35am)