You are not logged in.

projectfilly

Wednesday, January 4th 2012, 8:36pm

Thank you!

Yeah, on closer inspection earlier, I found that the black wire on the far-left valve that was supposed to connect to the red timer wire looked like it had been cut straight through. I stripped it a bit and crimped it to the big red wire and then plugged the timer back in and tested. Sure enough it looks like zone 1 will trigger now.

You answered my question about the two older ones on the right, I'm assuming they control the back yard, but I couldn't get zones 3/4 to work at all. I'll open the flow control and see if I can't get it to work. I'm going to Lowe's tonight to pick up some grease caps and wire and tomorrow I'm going to sit out there and fix all of it. I noticed that there are two common wires right now. The big wire controls the left two, the 18ga wire controls the right two, and they're both stuck in the Common terminal on the timer. Is that a big deal? I can re-wire it tomorrow while I'm cleaning everything up, but if it doesn't make a difference I could probably just leave it.

Again, you are CRAZY helpful. I appreciate it so much!

Jade

projectfilly

Thursday, January 5th 2012, 6:24pm

Woo hoo!

Okay, I spent today re-wiring the valves and found that almost all of the connections were completely corroded. Once I re-connected everything, replaced the float and turned on the flow control on those two on the right side, everything works perfectly!

I can't thank you enough for your help!

Jade

Rate this thread