You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

WALLORD

Friday, November 14th 2003, 4:43pm

safe-t-lawn pop ups

I have over 2000 safe-t-lawn 4inch popups in service does anyone know were to get any surplus parts for them. Or a head that is simular to them? I have looked at rainbird and toro and I am not to impressed.Thank You for any info

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 5:06am

safe-T-Lawn has gone Bye Bye. They came in business in the spring of one year, produced over a million heads, and went out of business in the fall of the same year. Replace with the Hunter PGP
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

WALLORD

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 12:24pm

I checked the hunter pgp, but the area I am watering is between homes, usually about 9-15 feet apart.Are the hunter pop ups good also?
These are in a manufactured home community little pieces of grass all over the place. Thank You

RVLI

Supreme Member

Saturday, November 15th 2003, 4:19pm

If you need a spray head get RAINBIRD 1800 series with "U" series nozzles. The nozzles may be expensive, but however, they have great coverage.

WALLORD

Sunday, November 16th 2003, 4:54am

On those rainbirds does the adjusting screw mate up to a seperate seat? We have always run the heads w/o the strainers, what is your thoughts on that.Thanks

RVLI

Supreme Member

Sunday, November 16th 2003, 9:19am

<i>On those rainbirds does the adjusting screw mate up to a seperate seat?</i>

What exactly do you mean?

I don't recommend you run nozzles without the strainers. You never know what could be in the line, and most of the time prevent you from having to replace the nozzles every so often. Why not put them in?

WALLORD

Monday, November 17th 2003, 8:59am

On some of the new heads like toro, the buttons came with a seat on the underside ,I did not see any on the rainbird, I was curious what the adjusting screw mated up to. Right now we are clearing buttons every now and then, little pieces of debri get lodged in them. With the strainers in place the flow will drop but the pattern will remain uniform when they start to glog. Is that the theory? I don't know why we never used the strainers, I will have to look into it. Thank You

RVLI

Supreme Member

Monday, November 17th 2003, 5:29pm

There might be a little difference, but not much.

Rays Sprinklers

Supreme Member

Monday, December 29th 2003, 10:35am

if it is 15 feet apart you can use the Huinter PGM..and for annyone reading now.......Hunter introduced a new rotor this winter...the Hunter PGJ....it is the PGP ... PGM size no differences.......
Thanks
Ray
Rays Above and Beyond Automatic Lawn Sprinklers

Maquire

Starting Member

Saturday, January 3rd 2004, 12:04pm

I have 13 Safe-T-Lawn pop-up sprinkler heads. They measure 4" across ( the pop up head is 2 & 1/4" ) and 4 & 1/2" tall. I also have 9 Rain bird Sprinkler heads that measure 6 & 3/4" across and are 11" tall. These are brand new and are in the original box. They appear to have a 3/4 " pipe inlet. Is there any where I can sell these? Thanks, Tim Maher

Rate this thread