You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, March 5th 2012, 6:30pm

WELL WATER GETTING SAND IN HEADS AND VALVES, NEED A FILTER BEFORE WATER GOES TO VALVES

I HAVE A WATER WELL THAT IS USED ONLY FOR MY SPRINKLER SYSTEM. I AM STARTING TO GET SAND IS SOME OF MY SPRAY HEADS AND VALVES. CAN YOU SUGGEST SOME TYPE OF FILTER THAT I CAN INSTALL AT MY WELL BEFORE IT GOES TO THE SPRINKLER SYSTEM. I HAVE ONE INCH MAIN GOING TO MY VALVES. IF POSSIBLE, I WOULD LIKE ONE WITHOUT A FILTER AND LET THE SAND SETTLE IN BOTTOM OF A BOWL AND JUST EMPTY WHEN NEEDED. I AM RUNNING ABOUT 45 LBS OF PRESSURE.

Monday, March 5th 2012, 6:38pm

RE: Water Flow Change

My yard sprinkler system has 13 stations. On at least 3 stations when they come on the water flow rate out of the sprinkler heads are good, then in a few minutes (maybe 10 or so minutes) the rate of flow will drop. I can go to the main valve (ball valve) close and open it several times and the flow will pick up again. I've never had this problem and the only thing that I can think of is my Irritrol valves (1" 2400S) may have a bad solenoid or maybe the diaphragm is bad. I have a very good filter on my system so I do not think any foreign matter has gotten pass the filter.

Any other thoughts will be much.appreciated.
WHAT TYPE OF FILTER ARE YOU USING ON YOUR SYSTEM? I AM LOOKING FOR A WHOLE SYSTEM FILTER WHEN THE WATER COMES FROM THE WELL AND BEFORE IT GOES TO THE VALVES.
ljtushhog

Tuesday, March 6th 2012, 4:46pm

Sand in heads

ilovebirde,
We are getting a number of filters in for pump systems.
They have not been listed into inventory yet so I don't have any info.
Our sales group asked that you give them a call.
They can give you information on what we are stocking and availability.
281-500-9800

Rate this thread