You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, April 4th 2011, 4:23pm

Valves

Hello, I have some questions that I hope you can help me with. Is the valve bad if a zone will not shut off even when the controll box is set to off and the solenoids are disconnected? My solenoid tested good with the ohm meter but the plunger assembly falls out if you tip it up side down. There is a loud click when the solenoid is activated as well was other solenoids. One time I was able to shut the zone off by disconnecting one of the solenoid wires. Then I switched solenoids with another valve next to it and then I could not shut it off at all. The wireing seems to be modified for some reason. One of the two solenoid wires go to the large wire that other solenoids share and the other wire goes to one of the smalles colered wires. What I do not understand is why are there 4 colered wires in one group and 2 small colered wires in another? Is that because a zone was added? Why are there 6 small colered wires for 5 valves. I noticed that one valve is slightly larger and in is in the middle of the 5 valves. Is the valve in the middle different because of the design of the system or was the large valve a replacement for a valve that went bad? If I can not locate the same valve, is it possible to change it to a simulare valve? If so, what kind of specifications does the valve have to have?

Rate this thread