You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Jonas_

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 9:40am

Problems with nelson 8010 solorain programmable actuator

Hi there,

I've moved into a new house with a yard. The yard as a watering system, with a nelson 8010 solorain programmable actuator. When i tried to put it to work i've discovered the 9v battery was dead and after replacing the battery the actuator isn't working.
I'm tryiing to open it to try and fix it, does anyone know how to open a nelson 8010 solorain ?
I see nelson was acquired (or something like that) by signature systems, but all 8010 and 8014 solorain products are to far expensive. Can i put a rainbird, hunter or anything else to work in my system ?
I don't know the brand of the valve.

Thanks in advance.

PS

mrfixit

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 11:14am

You can't repair a solo rain. Maybe the valve the solo rain is screwed into needs repair. You could screw in a regular solenoid and attach two 9 volt batteries to it and see if it works.
I don't have tons of experience with battery operated valves but I do have some. I've had good luck with the DIG product. The battery operated valve adapter/actuator. I have 6 of them installed on a property for about 8 years now. Only 1 has gone bad. You can find them at the Home Depot or an Irrigation supply house. I didn't see one on the SprinkerWarehouse site.

Jonas_

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 12:10pm

When i said repair, i meant replace the solenoid inside of the nelson solorain or something like that. But i can't find a way to open it.
I don't have another solenoid to test so if i'll buy another one i have to be sure that it will work on it.
The dig actuator is on the same price range of the nelson/signature one's. Isn't any other less expensive solution ?

Cheers and thanks for the quick reply.

You can't repair a solo rain. Maybe the valve the solo rain is screwed into needs repair. You could screw in a regular solenoid and attach two 9 volt batteries to it and see if it works.
I don't have tons of experience with battery operated valves but I do have some. I've had good luck with the DIG product. The battery operated valve adapter/actuator. I have 6 of them installed on a property for about 8 years now. Only 1 has gone bad. You can find them at the Home Depot or an Irrigation supply house. I didn't see one on the SprinkerWarehouse site.

Tuesday, March 13th 2012, 2:22pm

Hunter makes a battery operated controller/solenoid that may work. Look HERE .

Jonas_

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 4:32am

Is the hunter node-100 compatible with my nelson valve ? I don't want to replace the valve. Is there any other less expensive solution for my problem ?

Cheers.

PS

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 7:50am

Strictly for the money, a battery-operated valve costs more than a conventional wired setup, if a way exists to have it wired.

Jonas_

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 12:23pm

I can put a wired system. No problems with that. I only don't want to switch the valve, only the actuator.

Wet_Boots

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 3:43pm

Point is, for the price of the Solorain, you can buy controller, solenoid, and wire, and have money left over.

mrfixit

Thursday, March 15th 2012, 8:56pm

You wont find anything less expensive than this. These are fairly reliable.
www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-100171237/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=DIG%20valve&storeId=10051
--
I'm not sure why i'm assuming you have anti syphon valves. If not ignore this post.

Jonas_

Friday, March 16th 2012, 7:09am

I have a nelson valve like this one:
http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/Signature-Sprinkler-Irrigation-Valve-Actuator-p/8012.htm

Does the dig corp one touch programmable sprinkler timer fits in my valve ?

What solution of controller, solenoid and wire can fit in my valve ?

Thanks for the replies. Cheers.

PS

Rate this thread