You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

aa1872

Unregistered

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 8:22am

zone came on and it was not scheduled to

nelson projr 8304 brain. This morning zone 2 came on and it was not
scheduled to. I changed the solenoid but that did not fix the problem. I
changed the diaphragm but that did not fix the problem. I disconnected
the zone wire at the brain and moved it to another zone spot. The zone
did not activate so I switched the zone wires around and any wire I
connected to zone 2 immediately turned on. I do not know what is wrong. I
am thinking I have a bad spot on the brain and zone 2 position is
sending bad information to thee solenoid.

mrfixit

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 11:36am

It sounds like your brain is fried. Reboot your brain. If you still have the same issue. Replace your brain.

Mitchgo

Supreme Member

Saturday, March 17th 2012, 12:14pm

lol

Monday, March 19th 2012, 8:41am

From your description it sounds like zone 2 is getting a constant current, meaning your controller is failing. You can use a multimeterto verify but the fact that any wire you connect to zone 2 causes activation pretty much confirms it. If you have a spare zone on the controller you can just ignore zone 2 for the moment. Odds are good that the entire controller will fail soon and need to be replaced. Signature bought Nelson so the direct replacement would probably be their 8304C-EZ Pro Jr.

Rate this thread