You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to SPRINKLER TALK FORUM - You Got Questions, We've Got Answers. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wenchie

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 7:48pm

Irrigation Girl is stumped!

OK, I need help. Everytime my sprinkler heads pop up at least two of them are spraying the driveway instead of the lawn. I have 1/2 circle heads on them. I got out my pliers and twisted the pipe so that they now spray the lawn but everytime they come back on, they've re-twisted to face the driveway! How do I keep them in position? ;(

hi.todd

Supreme Member

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 8:21pm

That is a real easy one. The heads need to be replaced.
If you find the exact same head you can usually trade out the guts and not have to dig up the old ones.

There is no other way.

You may want to buy a few extra heads in case any more of them start acting up.

:thumbsup:
:thumbup: :thumbsup:

Wenchie

Wednesday, March 21st 2012, 8:31pm

Todd:
Replace the "head" as in the tiny circular top piece that's either a 1/2 circle, 1/4 circle, etc? This piece seems to be working fine it's the piece of pvc that comes out of the ground that seems to be twisting.

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 7:11am

I'll agree with Todd. Replace the head as in "the whole body". The top piece is the nozzle and can probably be transferred to the new body. There are internal guides that make sure the riser comes up in the same place every time. Sounds like yours have worn out.

wsommariva

Supreme Member

Thursday, March 22nd 2012, 8:29am

They unscrew easily. Post a picture and I bet the pros here can ID them. They are generally cheap. $10 for the head and nozzle.

Wenchie

Saturday, March 24th 2012, 1:25pm

Thanks guys

I know how to do that and I'll get right on it!

Rate this thread